Forgive me; this is something of an holding page.
- Long XVIth Update 2: Character Advancement, Quicker Combat, Factions vs BackstoryWith the early access documents (character sheets, pre-gens, and cheat sheets) now posted to Itch for a few weeks – and my posts engaging with the #ttrpgfamily on Twitter – I believe it’s important to to provide a brief design update / devlog on current efforts with the game. Playtesting… Read more: Long XVIth Update 2: Character Advancement, Quicker Combat, Factions vs Backstory
- Pregen PCs & Quick Reference Sheets for Long XVIthEarly alpha playtesting with friends continues for Long XVIth, and I hope to release a public playtest in October or November. As work towards that end continues (and while there’s not a full rules reference to share), I’m happy to be able to post the pregen characters and reference sheets… Read more: Pregen PCs & Quick Reference Sheets for Long XVIth
- Long XVIth Update 1: Streamlining the Core Mechanic (Sept 21)I’m almost a half-dozen playtest sessions of Long XVIth in, and I’m happy to say the core dice mechanic and gameplay loop appears to be working (on the whole). However, some of what I’m seeing at the table has me considering streamlining the number of PC stats and how they… Read more: Long XVIth Update 1: Streamlining the Core Mechanic (Sept 21)
- How to Make Paper Minis for RPGsIf you follow me on Instagram, you’ll have seen my recent experiments with paper miniatures for play with the tabletop RPG I’m writing, Long XVIth. This is a new experience to me, as in the past I’ve always been a 3D (e.g. pewter, resin, or plastic) miniatures guy. But with… Read more: How to Make Paper Minis for RPGs
- Long XVIth Character Creation Preview (July 2021)Long XVIth is a roleplaying game I’m writing and playtesting for adventures in and inspired by Renaissance Europe. I’m a history nerd fascinated by this era; this is my justification to play within it. Its mechanics take the spirit of the OSR (random character generation, streamlined mechanics, limited mechanical options,… Read more: Long XVIth Character Creation Preview (July 2021)